This week Tick Boot Camp interviewed the Director of Integrative and Interventional Pain Management at Case Integrative Health: Dr. Deepti Agarwal, MD. Dr. Agarwal is a double board certified and fellowship trained Pain Physician and Anesthesiologist. She served as an Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois where she presented and published on a wide range of scholarly research on Anesthesia, Acute and Chronic pain medicine. In this comprehensive interview, Dr. Agarwal discusses:
- Her deep fascination with the power of combining integrative medicine with conventional medicine to improve patient outcomes
- Managing pain vs locating the root cause of pain
- Mindfulness, Food and Movement as medicine
- How the combination approach to wellness has the ability to relieve pain and prevent future complications
- The role of inflammation in the disease and healing processes
- How pre-habilitation and patient education initiatives enhance recovery pathways
If you would like to learn more about how the combination of eastern and western medical philosophies and the merger of integrative and conventional medicine can serve to defeat chronic pain and boost healing, then tune in now!