Welcome to episode 397 of the Tick Boot Camp Podcast. Today, we’re thrilled to share our interview with Dr. Brad Montagne, a highly experienced functional medicine doctor with a unique perspective on Lyme disease. Dr. Brad Montagne, is a seasoned functional medicine doctor from Asheville, North Carolina.
Key Topics Discussed:
- Dr. Montagne’s Early Life and Challenges:
- Childhood struggles with chronic illness.
- The journey towards functional medicine driven by a quest for deeper health understanding.
- Exposure to Lyme Disease:
- Personal and professional encounters with tick-borne illnesses.
- Insights into the complexity of Lyme disease and the limitations of current diagnostic methods.
- Understanding Lyme Disease: Threat x Vulnerability:
- Dr. Montagne’s agreement with the formulaic approach to assessing Lyme disease risk.
- The importance of evaluating both external threats and individual vulnerabilities.
- Educational Journey and Medical Practice:
- Dr. Montagne’s rapid educational progression and experiences in California.
- Establishing a medical practice and encountering Lyme disease cases.
- Stress and Its Impact on Health:
- Discussion on how stress leads to immune suppression and increases vulnerability to infections like Lyme disease.
- Dr. Montagne’s Personal Health Battles:
- Dealing with immunosuppression.
- Lifestyle changes, dietary adjustments, and the use of specific supplements for recovery.
- Functional Medicine Approach to Treatment:
- Emphasis on foundational nutritional needs.
- The role of detoxification and natural remedies in treating Lyme disease and other conditions.
- Lifestyle Changes for Healing:
- The importance of hydration, proper diet, and the elimination of toxic relationships for health and recovery.
- A heartfelt thank you to Dr. Montagne for his invaluable insights and contributions to understanding Lyme disease and functional medicine.
Thank you for tuning into this episode of the Tick Boot Camp Podcast. We hope Dr. Brad Montagne’s story and insights have been both informative and inspiring. For more episodes and Lyme disease resources, visit our website or follow us on our social media channels.